Wrapping / unwrapping how to classify

Can somebody explain how to classify wrapping / unwrapping of eg. Matic in Wmatic and back to Matic?

How to classify?

It is not a swap or trade, Matt recommended in another post to handle it as internal transaction, but i don’t know if this works, because you can only send the same coin as internal transaction. Not send matic and receive wmatic.

Can you just leave it unclassified?

What would be the best solution?

Kann bitte vom deutschen Support jemand darauf eine Antwort geben?

1 Like

Easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Danke für das Feedback, diesen Beitrag habe ich bereits gelesen, da steht aber nichts über die Klassifizierung oder steuerliche Betrachtung von wrapping.

1 Like

So this is a weird case as the laws are not specific in this area, though I am unsure of your country as well. Therefore it is up to the user to classify as they want depending on how they chose to treat this kind of transaction. For example, with loans, the collateral should not be taxable, therefore, it should be an internal transfer as if it was staking, but the keyword is should. if someone wants to be super conservative they could do it as a trade. Similar to a LP, you can treat as a deposit or taxable event, or as if you are staking.

If you believe it is non-taxable, then leave it as if it was not wrapped and do an internal transfer to the other wallet, however, this may mean you need to manually change some future transactions.

If you believe it should be taxed, then create an order from one the coin to its wrapped version before the internal transfer to the new wallet.

Once the government gives more guidance, this is all the information that we have.

1 Like

It is not what i believe, what i need is an advice.

Was sagt Winheller dazu nach deutschem Steuerrecht?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.