Vote rights need to be changed for paying users!

How can it be that i am as an pro user who has already paid have the same voting rights as someone who is just using the software for free?
I woud recomend that you rethink your voting mechanics, because i am realy considering to switch software if my needs are not considered. Just because a bunch of non paying users vote trash into the pipeline!

I don’t work for Accointing but there is an article somewhere that I read that explains how voting rights are given. It basically comes down to how active you are in this forum and how often you post etc.

I can see some value in this but yes, I agree, as a paying customer who has had to burn dozens and dozens of hours over the past 2 years to get my portfolio and hence tax obligations into shape this would make a difference. Paying customers should have “extra power” to try and help improve the site and Accointing systems.

For example I spent 7 hours today going through all my wallets and updating the manual transactions and correcting errors and posted almost 10 times today with requests for follow up or feedback on things that either don’t work or have changed due to a bug. I do this on a monthly basis but I still have many many “yellow dot” errors that will take longer to work out (and only on the API exchanges, not the manual ones).

There is a way to check the ranking of items that have been voted on.
It was also suggested in a post that these lists of ideas etc should be reviewed by Accointing leadership to see which items are priority vs. simply done via votes.

3 Likes

I will forward your feedback to the team :slight_smile:

HOW DO VOTES WORK

• The number of active votes is configurable and defaults to 10.
  • If the topic is closed or archived, the votes are released to the users and can be applied to other topics but the vote count on the topic remains.
  • If a topic is re-opened or unarchived, the votes are reclaimed and applied back to the users active vote count.
  • If a topic reclaims the votes of a user and they go over their limit, they simply need to wait until topics are closed or archived to allow them to vote again.

HOW DO I GET MORE VOTES:

Getting more votes is based on your Trust Level. The higher the trust the more votes you have:

TL0 (Trust Level-New): 2 votes
TL1 (Trust Level-Basic): 4 votes
TL2 (Trust Level-Member): 6 votes
TL3 (Trust Level Regular): 8 votes
TL4 (Trust Level Leader): 10 votes

WHY DO WE LIMITE VOTES:
In order to keep the community engaged, we leverage on this mechanism to gratify those users who are actively collaborating with ACCOINTING.com. Read more about it here:

Here is how we compensate users: ACCOINTING.com Community Badges

To see how many votes there are for a feature request simply go to the main page of the Accointing Community Board > Feature Requests > Then click ‘Votes’ to sort by most votes.

We plan to have more support for paid users in the meantime in a different way than the community board.

The issue that i see with the Voting is, people register, vote or write the specific issue they experience in the moment and then they are gone.
This is more used as a support forum then a governance forum.
A lot of great ideas do not get many votes.

in my opinion you should rethink the process of feature request and prioritize features.

We do have other ways to prioritize features, the voting helps us bring numbers to our devs to show them how much demand there is for a feature that our other data says is not as important.

These next few weeks we are focusing on fixing bugs, then we are planning to do the top most voted for feature requests :slight_smile:

I agree that the voting helps provide some insight into what has been requested. But that does not provide a ranking of importance or a ranking of impact that could be made by the feature.

The best approach would be to implement of a ranking tool perhaps with several categories and weightings out of say 10. The number of votes could be one category with a specific weighting.

Hard to say how any devs you have working for you but a tool as such can help. If you PM / DM me perhaps I could share an example I have used before for prioritisation

Also this ranking tool can have a category for “length of time” or “complexity”, which can help.

Yes, we already have something like that in place, and voting is only one of those measurements.
This is why the Avalanche was added to Accointing even though it did not have enough votes to make it into the top 10 most voted for.

This topic was automatically closed after 176 days. New replies are no longer allowed.