Using Accointing with Binance

I guess there may be many Accointing users who are using it to track their assets on the Binance exchange. I would like to get some tips what’s the best (meaning the most accurate) method of synchronizing date between Binance and Accointing.

Do you prefer the API synchronization or manually using export files? My experience with the API sync follows (and it’s not nice).

Binance API

Until few days ago, I didn’t pay much attention to the imported data (balances, transactions, etc.) on the Accointing. But being a software engineer, I started to play with the Binance API a bit recently, just to discover quite worrying facts about the data it provides.

I’m using the API synchronization for all exchanges that Accointing supports and I can imagine that it’s the preferred method for majority of users, because it’s simply the easiest and the most comfortable way to get the data. No need to search where and how to export the data from an exchange and where and how to import them to the Accointing.

But during the studying of the Binance API documentation, I have for example found out (and confirmed with the support), that the Binance API doesn’t provide fiat deposits information. At all. It has been already discussed in another topic here.

I checked the imported transaction history and it’s quite a mess. And it’s not Accointing’s fault. A lot of data is missing so Accointing, for example, doesn’t know where I got the fiat I’m using to buy crypto. And not only that, for example direct crypto buys are also missing. I’m actually very surprised that Accointing is able to produce any numbers as total balances.

Binance exports

I have manually exported as many data from the Binance to CSV/Excel files as I could and tried to cross-check them and manually create missing and fix invalid entries on the Accointing, but it was quite a pain, took hours and I’m not sure the result is better than before. I have the following separate exports:

• direct buys
  • deposits
  • orders
  • trades
  • transactions

Some of those exports are available in 3-month chunks at most, so I have multiple files for some of them. Many entries appear in multiple files so you have to be very careful while extracting the data. I have also noticed that Accointing has imported some trades which are actually marked as failed/canceled (again, most likely not Accointing’s fault I guess) so they actually didn’t happen but Accointing calculates them. It’s not trivial to distinguish such entries even from the export files, there’s no such failed/canceled flag in the trades export file, only orders have it so you have to check the orders file and find to what order those trades belong.

On my personal account, I fill in the missing API data with a manual entry of the missing data.

That is the way I have found the easiest.

I wish Binance would include more data in their API.

1 Like

strong text

We have added a new feature! Check it out! It will help people understand what is suppoerted and not supported :smiley:

Consider this:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.