Unsynced Coinbase - How do I request refund?

Like many posts here, my Coinbase account is not properly synced. ETH and BTC are showing 0 when thats definitely not the case. This has been happening on and off for months and Im kind of getting tired of dealing with it. I would like to request a refund for the $199 trader plan I paid for since Accointing is not offering the promised services.

(I didn’t want to publicly post this but since Accointing hides their customer service email address I guess I have to)

Sorry to hear, we are working on the Coinbase issue now!

Please fill this out for a refund. If there is a field that does not apply to you, then simply copy and paste the link to this page.

Some of you have had problems with your Coinbase account. Coinbase changed its APIs a week ago without any communication. Coinbase does not return BTC and ETH accounts if all accounts are queried. We have now corrected this to include them again. Let me know if you have anymore questions :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the issue is still there for me. Even tried removing Coinbase and re-adding. Same issue.

We noticed more issues with the Coinbase LIVE connection. We are working on it as we speak.