Transfer portfolio from Koinly to Accointing

Can someone tell me if it is possible to import my Koinly portfolio to Accointing?

I can think of 2 ways.

1. If you have less than 10,000 transactions for their free plan, I imagine you can download the tax report and then upload the csv and convert it to Accointing’s format to upload it.
  2. There may be a way to download your transaction history for free like Accointing does. I will do some research to see if this is possible.

Either way, this is a one-time thing. Make sure to not keep duplicate transactions. Say you link a wallet with Koinly and the same wallet with Accointing. Be sure to ignore one of the 2 dublicates. And then be consistent and always ignore the same wallet when ignoring.

Does this help?

Thanks Matt

Any help would be appreciated. I would also be willing to pay a reasonable fee for someone from Accointing to help me make the transition.

Thanks,

Right now if you are eligible for the free plan you would just click on the “tax reports” tab in the menu at the top of the site after you login, then “transaction history”
Let me see if there is another free option.

I actually paid for the $99.00 Koinly subscriptions for 2020 and 2021but I prefer the Accointing app and software. What if I just use Koinly for 2020 and download the transaction history for 2021? Would that work? How would I upload the transaction history to Accointing?

Hi Matt, are you saying there would be duplicates from linking to the wallet directly and from importing the csv Koinly? Or are you saying that having 2 API keys could actually create duplicates if you don’t do the csv import?

I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying how Accointing handles things :slight_smile: This is what I would do. Since you already paid, filed your taxes using them. When you are ready to switch over to Accointing, If everything is classified how you want it to be, I would download the transaction history form Koinly and then upload the CSV file to Accointing OR connect all your wallets that were also connected to Koinly instead of downloaded and uploading. Then classify them accordingly.
My only concern with not inputting any 2020 data to Accointing is that you missing some deposits from 2020 that you sell in 2021. For example if you only input your 2021 taxes, but bought BTC in Nov. 2020, if you sell that BTC in Dec. 2021 you might be taxed as a short term gain instead of a long term gain since you help it for more than a year.
Does this make sense? Do I need to help clarify?

Hi Matt, are you saying there would be duplicates from linking to the wallet directly and from importing the csv Koinly? Or are you saying that having 2 API keys could actually create duplicates if you don’t do the csv import?
This is my concern: Let’s say I have a MetaMask that I had linked to Koinly. I upload my Koinly CSV to Accointing and then also connect my MetaMask to Accointing. Now since all transactions were accounted for on Koinly’s csv and now also on Accointing via API. So the transactions where appear twice on Accointing. Now this would only be a temporary issue as once you ignore one of the copies
the MetaMask ones keep tracking and the CSV file does not.

Does that make sense?

You can inport your Koinly CSV file by clicking Wallets . +Add Wallet > [see photo]

> Accointing Template