Transactions marked as "ignore" are not ignored in portfolio overview

I think with the last update of the software something related to ignored transactions got broken.

I have some transaction related to IOTA in my history. Some of those transactions are marked as “ignore”.

Until some days ago those transaction where really ignored and the total number of IOTAs was correctly show on the portfolio overview.
But now it seems like these transactions are not ignored anymore, although they are still marked and shown as ignored. The number of IOTAs on the overview includes now the amount of the ignored transactions and is therefore too high.

I have a similar issue with my ADA balance. I ignored one transaction and it does not affect the totals reported. Even deleting it doesn’t fix it.

I am unable to recreate the issue.

Can you share some screenshots? Are these API or Manuel transactions you are ignoring?

Its an API transaction.
Actually the deposit one to stake coins in daedalus (maybe thats the reason). This is actually 2 ADA.
Wouldn’t be a big deal, but Accointing

1. Does not ignore it correctly. Its correct in the graph in portfolio overview, but the totals of the ada wallet is wrong
  2. It does not treat it as the 2 ADA transaction it is, but the outgoing output, which is over 2k of ADA

I removed the API wallet for now and imported all transactions manually.

Attached a screen of the transaction
Capture

Please vote here for Daedalus Wallet Integration on Accointing: Add ADA Daedalus Wallet
@kerthi @psysp

Hey guys! I understand your frustration with the staked and staking classifications so just to clear this out from our standpoint:

all tokens that were staked=do not classify
all tokens that came as a reward for staked tokens=staking

The reason why we don’t have more strict guidelines is because there aren’t any and they are subject to the interpretation of the different jurisdictions. That bein said, here is an article from Bloomberg providing further context on the matter:

Now, the lender could be considered to have converted their crypto for another crypto when they “stake” their money into the liquidity pool and received another token they can sell elsewhere. That is a taxable event, so in this example, just as dividends are taxable, so are tokens generated from staking activities.

However, it’s not as straight-forward as that because this transaction can also be viewed in another way; in that what the lender deposited in the liquidity pool is still their money and the tokens they receive in exchange is nothing more than a receipt. That means it is not a taxable event.

Meanwhile, on the borrower’s side, it can be argued that depositing collateral and receiving a loan in a different token form is akin to an exchange transaction, so a taxable event. Of course, usually taking a loan is not a taxable event. However, the transaction on a DeFi is unique. Unlike conventional loans, it includes depositing one currency as collateral to receive a loan in another.

If you need any tax assistance with your crypto taxes, make sure you visit ACTAN in the Hub where any of our crypto tax professionals can help you out.