Staking on Kraken causes mayor issues in tax report

Hi there,

I am currently filing my tax report and the first results I got were inherently flawed. While there might be more, one of the mayor issues I found was staking on Kraken. Kraken differentiates between staked DOT, KSM, ETH etc., accointing however sums things together as one currency.

I read that there were issues before when Accointing did in fact NOT do that and this seems to be the solution (counting all in one). The issue with that is that unstaking/staking cannot be resolved as internal transaction even though they are in fact identical and don’t show a difference of >6hrs.

For the moment I resolved this issue by ignoring the transactions but this cannot be a sustainable solution.

• If you would like to get help from another person in the community, please ask in our Discord.

• If you would like to get support from an official member of the team, please create a ticket.

• Wenn du Hilfe von einer anderen Person aus der Community erhalten möchtest, frage bitte in unserem Discord.

• Wenn du Unterstützung von einem offiziellen Teammitglied erhalten möchtest, erstelle bitte ein Ticket.

Yea I’ve had to also ignore a bunch of transactions from Kraken due to this, there is no way to assign it as being an internal move within kraken even though the transactions show X ETH out and the same X ETH in again.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.