Please start mapping tokens by contract address instead of ticker

Please stop using tickers to identify tokens. It wreaks havoc across defi wallets and assigns scam coins to legitimate projects. The images below show Bitpanda being mapped to a scam coin dropped in my polygon wallet. Another example of this is Iron Finance(ICE) being confused with Popsicle Finance(ICE). There are hundreds of tokens with duplicate tickers…it should not be difficult to identify coins by contract address because that’s literally the unique identifier for the token. Despite paying for this service I will likely need to do the majority of my crypto taxes manually in excel if Accointing can’t accurately identify assets which aren’t on exchanges.

Have same problem with some tokens and would love to see this fixed long term without manual intervention.

Hey! Thanks for the feedback! In ACCOINTING.com, we work based on a voting mechanism: the more upvotes your feature requests has, the faster it moves in our development pipeline. Hopefully, you’ll get enough upvotes from this community to have it implemented.

To see how many votes there are for a feature request simply go to the main page of the Accointing Community Board > Feature Requests > Then click ‘Votes’ to sort by most votes.

imho this is a true design weakness. The proposed solution (use the contract address) is obviously the single correct solution, wheras using the ticker symbol is a misconception.

This should be ruled out in the long term without people having to spend their voting power (limited vote count) on non-feature related topics.

Additional hint: A certain token can have multiple blockchain+address combinations. E.g. mQQQ lives on Ethereum as well as on Terra and can be moved between blockchains using bridges.

Right now we are working on NFT and custom coin intregration. Thank you for sticking with us as we grow together with this new Crypto technology :smiley:

We won’t stick with you if you cannot be more accurate than an excel spreadsheet. Right now you’re failing that. Accuracy should not be prioritized based off of popularity…it’s the bedrock of your product.

1 Like