Locked staking coins on Binance disappear from Accointing balance

If any coins are put into locked staking on Binance then these coins disappear from the Accointing balance and only re-appear after the staking period is done (15, 30, 60. 90 days).

On Kraken staked coins are visible on Accointing.

Please can Accointing work with Binance to see if staked coins information can be shared with Accointing.

Otherwise manual transactions are required to get the overall balance correct.

See example below.

Can confirm, same issue in my account. Would be nice to have a fix.

This might be either an API implementation error or a missing API feature. if its the former then Accointing would have to fix the problem. if its the latter then Binance would have to fix the problem. Either way, you should check with Binance customer support to see if that feature is available from their api and to request it if it isn’t. If it isn’t available they might implement it if enough people ask for it.

1 Like

I think it would be a lot easier if Accointing addressed this so we know where the issue lies. Binance CS is abysmal. Their ticketing service does not seem to exist anymore and their live chats can take up to 8 hours to text chat to a human and then it is hit and miss whether you can get the support you need.

Hopefully the issue lies with Accointing as it would probably be much quicker to fix rather than Binance.

Comments please @Rod @Accointing

Thanks.

@alantbarlow On Cointracking.info the staked coins in Binance are reported correctly via the API, so my guess is that it’s an implementation gap on Accointing.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up. This is very helpful.

Something for @bud @Accointing @Rod to put on their fixit list :smiley:

Accointing have confirmed this is an issue and passed it on to their Gitlab to fix.

2 Likes

Hi i have the same problem.
The coins i stake in binance wont appear in Accointing.

If the Staking period is over they reappear. Unfortunately the average Price is not correct then.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

1 Like

The accointing system has a lot of issues around average coin price. I have a spreadsheet of about 15 coins with price deltas. And not all of the of from Binance. It is a spread of exchanges.

Check the solution in this post: Portfolio Value graph incorrect
Also, can you send me a screenshot of your missing currencies under the Review tab?
Here is an article if prefer to read over watching that video. Calculated and Actual Balance on the Accointing.com Platform

Also keep in mind that Accointing takes the prices from CoinMarketCap, not from the exchanges themselves. Getting the prices from the exchanges themselves would take a ton of time and energy and may be possible in the future, but not at this time.

Liquidity Pools: below is a link to a blog post about the topic, staking pools would be handled the same way as liquidity pools. How to Import Liquidity Pool Transactions to ACCOINTING.com - Accointing Blog - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & tax Software

Hey guys! I understand your frustration with the staked and staking classifications so just to clear this out from our standpoint:

all tokens that were staked=do not classify
all tokens that came as a reward for staked tokens=staking

The reason why we don’t have more strict guidelines is because there aren’t any and they are subject to the interpretation of the different jurisdictions. That bein said, here is an article from Bloomberg providing further context on the matter:

Now, the lender could be considered to have converted their crypto for another crypto when they “stake” their money into the liquidity pool and received another token they can sell elsewhere. That is a taxable event, so in this example, just as dividends are taxable, so are tokens generated from staking activities.

However, it’s not as straight-forward as that because this transaction can also be viewed in another way; in that what the lender deposited in the liquidity pool is still their money and the tokens they receive in exchange is nothing more than a receipt. That means it is not a taxable event.

Meanwhile, on the borrower’s side, it can be argued that depositing collateral and receiving a loan in a different token form is akin to an exchange transaction, so a taxable event. Of course, usually taking a loan is not a taxable event. However, the transaction on a DeFi is unique. Unlike conventional loans, it includes depositing one currency as collateral to receive a loan in another.

If you need any tax assistance with your crypto taxes, make sure you visit ACTAN in the Hub where any of our crypto tax professionals can help you out.

And for the main question, Binance does not send their Staked coin info through their API, once they do, we will have the data on Accointing.
In the meantime, check out some of the links I posted to help with Liquidity pools / Staking.