Kusama & Polkadot Parachain Projects support

Parachain projects and contributions are becoming more and more popular. As of today (17.06.21), for example, you can support Kusama projects such as “Karura [KAR]” on Kraken.

Unfortunately such “bound Kusamas” = (KSM.P) on Parachain Projects contributions are not yet supported natively by Accointing.

Therefore, here is the suggestion to integrate bound KSM [KSM.P] and Parachain Project Coins (Rewards) as well (such as Karura[KAR], Moonriver[MOVR] and so on) so that accointing recognizes these parachain project coins (Rewards) and bound KSM.P.

Similar to Staking and Staking Rewards.

At the moment such a parachain contribution (internal Kraken transfer) looks like this in the data set: [API import]

Best wishes and hope for many votes :slight_smile:

Thank you for this information :slight_smile:

1. Any coin that is available on CoinMarketCap is available on Accointing.
    For Example, I just added Karura to our database.
  2. And any coins that is pegged to the value to another coin at a 1:1 ratio, you can just sync that coin to whatever it is pegged to. For example, The Bitcoin-Pegged Token (BTCB) on the Binance Chain is worthed 1:1 of the value of bitcoin. Are any other these coins similar to this?

If the above 2 are not available then, unfortunately, your digital asset cannot be added. Please let us know when it has been added to CoinMarketCap and we can gladly add it to our database.

Please consider voting for the following:
Manual entry of tokens: Manual entry of tokens (those not listed on CoinmarketCap)
Missing currencies: Use CoinGecko API For Missing Currencies

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aloha Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

1) Karura
Thanks for adding KAR to your DB. That’s awesome! So the (hopefully incoming :slight_smile: ) future rewards will be recognized (if KAR wins the auction hehe). Perfect!

2) Problem: Parachain actions
Yeah, adding DOT.P or KSM.P manually should do the trick, because they are 1:1 to their origin digitals which are already present in your DB. I’ll do this, so I’ll get rid of the image
Like this:

Worked! The TX looks like as follows now:

Much better, but it still shows the (originally unknown) asset as “KSM” instead of “KSM.P” (which is not totally wrong). From my POV it would be better if it would show the original tag name.

The fetched TX information above (I’ve used the KRK API) looks a bit confusing because of the “unknown sender” and “unknown receiver” after gone throu your Parser, despite it was an internal transaction on Kraken (kinda strange). Maybe they are using an interim wallet for such parachain actions. Have’nt digged deeper into it yet.

3) Solution: Suggestion
Having additional “classification” options for such Parachain actions. Similar to “Staking” which we have already. If we would have such classification options for Parachain actions as well, then we could elegantely cover all of such cases satisfactorily.

Parachain classification examples:

• [Parachain Contribution] = PayIN → Contributions to Projects or Parachain Slot Auctions (Contributed assets are bond).
  • [Parachain Reward] = PayOUT → Getting rewards from a Project who won a Parachain Slot-Auction you have participated in (assets contributed are still bond, but you will get rewards in form of the project digital asset depending on your inital contribution).
  • [Parachain Refund] = PayBACK → Refund of the initial assets contributed if a project supported has not won a Parachain Slot, or a successful Project you participated in has reached the end of the bonding period time (assets originally contributed will be released and returned).

As far as I can see, those 3 states should be good enough to cover Parachain actions. Like lovely illustrated by Kraken as follows:

Such classifications would help to have a clearer picture of what was going on with such TX. Could be important for later transaction reviews or possible taxation reasons later on.

4) Closing
How ever. Will look into the other two requests you have been so kind to mention. May spend some votes.

Thanks again and stay safe!

1 Like

Hey @TheGreyCat I am glad I was able to help you out some :smiley:
I am sorry that when you sync your coins it shows up in the Full Data Set as the synced coin. Create a feature request to make this a toggle option and if you get enough votes we will implement it :slight_smile:

Please add your classification solutions as separate a feature request as well :slight_smile:

Is there anything else that I can do to help you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Matt.

No, I think we covered this topic extensively and handled all questions thanks to your help.

Thanks for your effort. :wave: