KuCoin data missing

I have hooked up the KuCoin API and successfully imported the historic data. On the dashboard, it all looks good, however there is zero transaction history and when I go to STEP 4 the Balance on KuCoin is correct, while the Balance on Accointing is nil.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this, much appreciated.

It might be related to the API key? For the last few days, I’m getting the message “API keys exceeded the rate limit. Please try again later.” not sure, if that is related or not to your error.

It’s possible. I had issues with the KuCoin API, when I was using CoinTracker, but that was just a few missing transactions - not all of them.

However, this doesn’t explain why there is no transaction history at all… despite me uploading some of it manually.

Hey! For KuCoin you can actually request a CSV directly from them at newapi@kucoin.plus. Make sure you ask for the ACCOINTING FILE

3 Likes

I am also getting the API key error, and I emailed them about that a few hours ago. Glad it’s not just me…

As for their import, another thing to mention…

Accointings wording, just like cointracker.io’s, says ‘we can only import data after some month in 2019, anything before you will need to export.’ That is fine for me because I didn’t start this journey until 2020.

Well, both here and in cointracker both, it still did not work for any holdings I don’t currently have in kucoin. Stuff I moved out, I got zero history on. The only imports were the current things still sitting there. This is a problem because my biggest holding/concern was moved to MEW after it blew up in price.

So, on cointracker, I did their steps for importing things and it worked. Was a pain but it worked.

Here, I cannot seem to get them imported. I tried finagling the cointracker export file importing via the ‘cointracker service’, after removing everything I wasn’t interested in, but the imported didn’t apply the transactions to my current accointing wallets (current kucoin, current ethereum, current coinbase), it instead created duplicates for them all.

So, that didn’t work, and I have emailed the link mentioned above to ask for my accointing data file, we will see if I hear back soon.

I may try the import spreadsheet for manual transactions but I’m afraid that will do the same, and in either case it would be a real pain in the butt because my single purchase of KEY according to their files was actually about 20 purchases…

Anwyay wanted to FYI that its not just the prior to aug2019 (or whatever) that are problems… at least not for me…

1 Like

Tweeted and they responded. Here’s to hoping!

2 Likes

I hope this problem is solved very soon.

I got the file from them today and imported it and it still isn’t showing anything except my current holdings. What I purchased and moved out, while in the file, isn’t showing at all in accointing…

I am new to KuCoin and API is not working also.
I have to wait, no problem at all, bur one question to other users from KuCoin-API:
Are the staking rewards from pool-x also exported in the API?

THANKS!

I believe not… At least not for me

Hey guys! We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. We have deployed a fix today and KuCoin should be working soon. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Thank you! The API error is gone now after a refresh.

My only problem now, I can’t get the KuCoin file to import correctly. From my order a year ago on their site. Transactions do show the btc coming in from coinbase, one year ago, which is correct, and it also shows what I had purchased (key), moving correctly to myetherwallet, earlier this year, which is also correct. But the actual orders… when I used the btc to purchase the key… won’t import into accointing…

But, it is all there on the spreadsheet they have sent me, I see the transactions… Any idea @rod ?

1 Like

Disregard. It was about 30 lines (but only 1 order, i guess broke up a bunch) and I used average fee and sum’d the rest and added a single line item manually that is accurate.

Thank you for fixing the API issue but FYI on the import not working. Msg me if you want to do any testing etc

2 Likes

Hey! I’m sorry to hear that. I’m going to need you to help me out with the following:

1. Account details
  2. Screenshot of the error you received
  3. Wallet/Exchange you were using when you encountered this issue

Please send all of this to support@accointing.com and we will try to help you out as quickly as possible.

1 Like

The CoinTracking API for KuCoin is able to import all historical data, even from before Feb 18 2019… Maybe it is something that you could implement as well? :slight_smile:

i have spent DAYS trying to balance my kucoin account. Its been a nightmare, 7 other exchanges plugin without a problem. But kucoin, i cannot begin to get into it, but is just wont work, I have big chunks of time with mission transactions, the API doesnt deliver any refunds, or margin account transactions, none of it, the bot it all has had to be imported manually, and then none of the tax sites can figure out how to link them together so I have spent the last 2 days combing the transactions and creating internals manually. but 100 days per CSV and a limit of 5 per day makes this an IMPOSSIBLE task. Why would they set it up like this

This is enough to convince me to stop trading on kucoin entirely, I dont wanna go thru this again next year

2 Likes

Can you clarify what you mean by “100 days per CSV and a limit of 5 per day”? Is this a Kucoin limitation? Accointing allows more uploads than this. @spurls

oh thats a kucoin thing… the whole thing is just awful and it seems that they are making it worse on purpose? But Im glad to find out that its not just me… I’m having to go back and recreate all these transactions kust to arrange the margin account as it seems that there are no tax platforms in the world who seem to be able to utilize the Kucoin API (altho i believe that is all on them as well) Tell me I’m missing something, but i cannot find any way to link my kucoin margin account to any thing so I’m trying to do some basic bottom line accounting, but mostly Ive been spending HOURS copying one spreadsheet into another and reformatting ALL the data so it will fit in the hole.
last night at 4am after this platform was refusing ANY importing to the account I gave up and slept, today I’m starting here… and its nice to see a person whos on the inside and paying attention.
I feel like if we are gonna do this I should move it to its own thread? I’m not trying to spam all the fine folks on this theade, I was just excited to find that email address and whatnot… thought perhaps i would try and reach out to them

Awesome that you found the email! KuCoin data missing - #4
I actually retweeted, liked and commented on @Phases Twitter post to see if that would help :stuck_out_tongue:
I wish they had better API as well.