Kucoin api data

Is there any hope to get good data from the Kucoin API?

Mine is so far off and missing so many transactions I’m not sure I can ever reconcile it. The calculations from the data are showing that I have much more funds in my Kucoin account than what I really do. This is causing my calculated balance to be almost double the reported balance. I can use the reconcile function to correct the numbers which I’d be okay with if it were small differences, but they are way too big to be putting in manual withdrawals and deposits. Just looking for any solution to get good data from my Kucoin account here. The other accounts have been much closer to correct and easier to reconcile.

Hey @slowgains this is mainly because the data that Kucoin sends through their API is not the whole picture. They leave parts out. Also waiting 24 hours can also help some of the issues with Kucoin before trying to reconcile it.
Could you maybe help us identify patterns from what all is missing from your data?

I figured it was a problem with the data that Kucoin sends. I will have to look over the data better to try to figure out what is missing. I haven’t had time to analyze it yet to see what exactly is going on. I will work on that as soon as I can find some time.

1 Like

Same problem here. Balances are synced but no transactions :frowning:

Have you refreshed your Kucoin wallet?
Waiting 24hours for Kucoin API seems to work for me.

I know that Kucoin does not send their X-Pool via API. So that data would be missing.

Refreshed and reset the API several times. What do you mean by X-Pools?

Added everything maually. Pain in the neck.

I have transaction imported, but something is either missing or duplicated for sure. I just haven’t had time to look through the data to figure out what is wrong. I have around 10,000 transactions so manual entry would be about impossible at this point.

If you experience recurring holes in the API, please let us know, we are developing a simular thing to let users know just like we did with Binance.

I finally had time to get back into this to try to figure out what’s missing and so far the answer is a whole lot and it doesn’t seem to be any kind of specific data. For instance I have 24 transactions on Kucoin with Trac/BTC. Accointing only shows 9 of them. The last one being on 3/29/2021. There are then several transaction on 3/30 that didn’t make it to Accointing and a few more made today that are also missing. That is just one coin that was easy to check since it only has a few transactions. Most of my coins have hundreds of transactions and the missing data makes the numbers in Accointing way off for most coins. If the data is really this bad from the Kucoin API maybe you should not be be claiming to support it, because it’s completely useless.

Here’s what my Total balance report shows. Notice how bad most of the differences are. This is throwing my holdings balance on Kucoin way off and would be worthless for figuring out taxes.

I’m going to need you to help me out with the following:

1. Account details
  2. Screenshot of the error you received
  3. Wallet/Exchange you were using when you encountered this issue
  4. Exchange or Wallet API keys, Wallet Address or CSV used to try to replicate the error (if required, send passphrase and secret key as well)
  5. A link to this page (This Community Board Post)

Please send all of this to support@accointing.com and we will try to help you out as quickly as possible.

Do you wish you didn’t have this issue? Help us finding someone to help us fix it and other bugs by joining our referral program here: ACCOINTING.com Referral Program: Earn $5.000! - We Are Hiring - Accointing.com and earn $5,000 if we keep your referral.

I sent most of this info to support back in April about the issue with Kucoin. Last I heard was it was still being worked on. I’ll reply to that e-mail with a link to this post.

Thank you, yes Kucoin’s API is very wholly.

It’s like swiss cheese.

1 Like