Kraken suddenly wildly inaccurate

I have transactions from Kraken coming in through an API and have for years. I was getting all the books balanced to calculate my taxes, went to hit the refresh button on Kraken just to make sure it’s up to date and all of a sudden the Missing Funds page for Kraken is pages long with huge amounts of missing information and incorrect balances. I barely even use Kraken and it’s been balanced, with no errors, for as long as I can remember.

Is this a problem with the Kraken API bringing in bad data? Will this fix itself? I’m freaking out.

I see what’s happening. It’s pulling in dozens of duplicates. How is this even possible.

Manually deleted most of the duplicate transactions, being careful to only delete ones that have a matching transaction hash. I should not have to do this.

I do have exactly the same problem. I hit synchronize for the first time since appx. 3 weeks or so and after that huge amounts of missing funds. Anything I can do?

@wrzsef I don’t know how to fix the original problem, but to get rid of all the duplicates, I went to the Missing Funds page and in the “3. Single Trades and Withdraws” section, starting at the bottom of the list, clicked on the “Choose an action” pulldown and chose “Go to Full Data Set”. Then wherever it takes you, start looking for duplicate transactions. These will be transactions with the exact same amounts, dates and (most importantly) transaction hashes. Delete one of them. Let the site recalculate and refresh. Keep doing this until the Missing Funds page has no errors. I still had to go line-by-line through my Kraken transactions to find a few more duplicates though.

DO NOT click “Fix for Me” or “Reconcile” anywhere in this case or you’ll be setting yourself up for a world of confusion later.

Oh donpel thanks! However, I was wondering if you delete or if you just „ignore“. because, if you physically delete the row, doesn´t it return after your next sync?

Yeah, you can do either. Both will fix your problem. Some would say you should never delete a transaction just in case you were wrong and want an easy way to get it back. In this case deleting is just my personal preference.

But Accointing apparently has a bug that allows two transactions with the same transaction hash to exist in your record. So I’m not convinced that either option will stop it from bringing in the same transaction a third time.

Would you be willing to send us your data so that we can take a deeper look into this? If so, Submit a request here :slight_smile:

In the form please also leave a link to this post so that we have background context :slight_smile:
The reason we ask for your data is that Accointing respects the privacy of its users, we do not see your data, whatever you put in your Accointing account, is encrypted.

This is a possibility, we suggest always ignoring if it is API or LIVE connected.

I had the same exact thing happen to me with Kucoin. I was preparing for taxes and compared Accointing against another tax software and the capital gains were way off. I started looking at my Kucoin history in Accointing and about 90% of my transactions had been duplicated somehow. To solve this I just completely removed the Kucoin API and all transactions. I re-added it and it was reading correctly again.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve done so much work getting everything balanced due to using old exchanges in the crypto early days that aren’t around anymore that I’m scared that deleting and re-adding APIs might break some of that. It probably won’t but I only had a few days left to get my docs to my accountant so I felt that manually hunting down the duplicates was my safest bet.

I’m now frequently exporting and backing up my full Accointing history, so next time I’ll try deleting and re-adding the API key.

A fix is being deployed right now, it should prevent new duplicates.

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

• If you would like to get help from another person in the community, please ask in our Discord.

• If you would like to get support from an official member of the team, please create a ticket.

• Wenn du Hilfe von einer anderen Person aus der Community erhalten möchtest, frage bitte in unserem Discord.

• Wenn du Unterstützung von einem offiziellen Teammitglied erhalten möchtest, erstelle bitte ein Ticket.