Issue generating UK tax report

When using the tax report tool the screen displays and error “Failed to fetch data” and then it produces an empty zip file.

Hi @ethwards! Thanks for the feedback! We are aware of this and will be working on it tomorrow. Apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hello Rod,
I have the same problem as ethwards, but using the German tax report tool.
The message when generating the report is: Failed to fetch data".
So I hope, that if you fix the bug in the UK report tool, it will work for Germany also.
thank you for your support
best regards
Rey

Hey @Rey! How many transactions do you currently have?

Hi Rod,

the software manages the tax report of 2017, 18, 19 and 21.
Only 2020 does not work. 2020 I used a bot for some months.
So, I have several thousand transactions in 2020,
possibly there are more than 20 or 30 k transactions …

best regards
Reynaldo

Hello Rod,

are you or somebody else checking my problem?
do you need more information to proceed with a bug fix?

best regards
Reynaldo

Hey Rey! Apologies for the delay in the reply. How many transactions do you have in total? If you have more than 50,000 transactions total, we won’t be able to process it and that might be the reason why you don’t get a report. Let me know so I can let you know what next steps can you take.

Hi Rod,
thank you very much for your answer.
When I click on “full data set”, I get 4542 times 10 rows (or 909 times 50 rows).
So, I suppose, I have approx. 45.420 transactions. And checking the data more deeply, I can say, that approx. 44.000 transactions took place between the July 31 2020 and Nov 11 2020, i.e. within a bit more than four months in 2020.

best regards
Rey

Have you tried generating the reports again by any chance? If you did and it didn’t work, let us help you out with that. I’m going to need from you the following:

1. Account details
  2. Screenshot of the error you received (with the tax report)
  3. Wallet/Exchange you were using when you encountered this issue

Please send all of this to support@accointing.com and we will try to help you out as quickly as possible.

Hello Rod,

Thank you for your support.

I tried to generate the report for 2020 at least 20 times and it never did work.

For all other years, i.e. for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 the software has produced a tax report several times for each year.
So, only 2020 is a problem.
In 2020 there where approx. 40.000 transactions from July until November 2020.

For 2020 the software manages to calculate „Short term gains“, „Long term gains“ and „Total fees“.

After that, when I try to generate the report, the software ends with the error message „failed to fetch data“

Please find enclosed the file below:
“Report-Rey-2020-failed-fetch-data”

Answers to your questions:

1. My account is accointing@zavala.de
  2. Screenshot of error message in file “Report-Rey-2020-failed-fetch-data”
  3. I use four wallets and nine exchanges.
    The exchange with the 40.000 transactions is „Binance“.
    I use an API to import the data into Binance

I hope, you find the error.
Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Rey

Thanks for your response @Rey but I would need you to copy-paste the prior message and send it to support@accointing.com please.

Having the same issue.

Will be emailing shortly.