Increase the number of decimal places to the price of coins less than $1

In the portfolio view on the price tab/chart, it would be nice if coins that have a low price e.g. 1.256 $ or 0.8934 $, that they are displayed in the price chart on a lower scale and not just a line on the zero line from right to left. Also in the underlying table such tokens should be displayed with e.g. 3, 4 or 5 digits after the decimal point.

Thank you very much.

Hey! Thanks for the feedback! In ACCOINTING.com, we work based on a voting mechanism: the more upvotes your feature requests has, the faster it moves in our development pipeline. Hopefully, you’ll get enough upvotes from this community to have it implemented.

It would definately be nice to see more numbers to the right of the decimal point in regards to any price data. Showing <$0.01 doesn’t really help when it comes to watching daily price changes and purchase price.

1 Like

I think this post won’t get much visibility because of the title.

If there are similar issues, I will forward them to this post.
What title do you suggest?

I agree the title is weak and will likely be ignored by most.

How about changing the title to:
Increase the number of decimal places to the price of coins less than $1

This should then be bumped as a topic. In theory changing the number of decimals should be easy. Going through and adding the correct number of decimals for each coin is a bit more tricky but there could, for example, be a default that if a coin is less than $0.50 then it gets 5 digits after the decimal. If it hits > $0.50 then it drops to 2.
The default is up for debate.

I mean take a random coin like LINA or RSR that are both listed as $0.05 but in reality these could have been bought for $0.04514 or 0.04911 and both would show up as $0.05 but there is a 10% difference in actual price.

Title idea taken from this post back in March 2020, which is not quite the same thing. This post below is more about adding all 8 decimals to the BTC value on the overview page rather than only having 3.

Add all 8 points after the decimal to BTC value on overview page

Look forward to getting this decimal idea added to the list and seriously voted for. Thanks.

I updated the title :slight_smile:
Does this current feature request apply?

Does this actually answer your feature request?
In the frontend we commonly round prices (esp. fiat representation of values) to 2 digits. On the internal side, we keep a precision of 8 decimals though. This is relevant to for the tax calculation and is precise enough. For coin quantities and values, we currently have a maximum of 9999999999999.99999999

Thanks @Matt . The feature request is similar but not quite the same.

This is more of an issue with crypto of a price of a penny or less. Take VTHO as an example. It is a low value coin but apparently I’ve made a ~6% loss even though the coins are still showing as $0.01.

I hazard a guess the main reason Accointing does it this way is to keep the page looking neater. Even having 3 or 4 decimals after “.” would make a big difference.

Going to bump this to see if it can gain any traction…this should be really easy to implement.

We have increased our system to the following:

What is your request to change it to?

I’m not sure what is unclear about this request.

Increase the number of decimals in listed coins as per the screenshot below.

Changing the number of decimals should be easy. Take RSR for that is now listed as $0.03 but in reality these could have been bought for $0.02514 or 0.02911 and both would show up as $0.03 but there is a 10% difference in actual price.

In summary: Please add 2 or 3 extra numbers after the decimal to the numbers highlighted in yellow

It makes average buy price a LOT more accurate and current price a LOT more accurate.

Thanks.

In the frontend we commonly round prices (esp. fiat representation of values) to 2 digits. On the internal side, we keep precision of 8 decimals though. This is relevant to for the tax calculation and is precise enough. For coin quantities and values, we currently have a maximum of 999999999999.99999999

That is 11 places before the decimals and 8 decimal places.