How to record an ICP Stake?

I have setup a manual wallet in Accointing to record my ICP tokens held on https://nns.ic0.app
I have now staked some ICP on the https://nns.ic0.app
How do I record this transaction in Accointing - it involves a stake, a transaction fee and some rewards in future transactions?
When I try and make an internal transaction to record the stake with a fee etc I am not able to make the transaction between the same wallet.

If there is an internal within the same wallet, it is already internal, classify them appropriately.
Since it is with the same wallet, I would manually add a withdrawl and classify it as a Fee.

Here is more info about classifications: classifications: Crypto Tax Classifications : Accointing AG
Here is how you are taxed per classification: You searched for classifications - Accointing Blog - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & tax Software

Here are some other things that may apply:
Liquidity Pools: below is a link to a blog post about the topic, staking pools would be handled the same way as liquidity pools. How to Import Liquidity Pool Transactions to ACCOINTING.com - Accointing Blog - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & tax Software

Hey guys! I understand your frustration with the staked and staking classifications so just to clear this out from our standpoint:

all tokens that were staked=do not classify
all tokens that came as a reward for staked tokens=staking

The reason why we don’t have more strict guidelines is because there aren’t any and they are subject to the interpretation of the different jurisdictions. That bein said, here is an article from Bloomberg providing further context on the matter:

Now, the lender could be considered to have converted their crypto for another crypto when they “stake” their money into the liquidity pool and received another token they can sell elsewhere. That is a taxable event, so in this example, just as dividends are taxable, so are tokens generated from staking activities.

However, it’s not as straight-forward as that because this transaction can also be viewed in another way; in that what the lender deposited in the liquidity pool is still their money and the tokens they receive in exchange is nothing more than a receipt. That means it is not a taxable event.

Meanwhile, on the borrower’s side, it can be argued that depositing collateral and receiving a loan in a different token form is akin to an exchange transaction, so a taxable event. Of course, usually taking a loan is not a taxable event. However, the transaction on a DeFi is unique. Unlike conventional loans, it includes depositing one currency as collateral to receive a loan in another.

If you need any tax assistance with your crypto taxes, make sure you visit ACTAN in the Hub where any of our crypto tax professionals can help you out.

Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Thanks, if it helps anyone else, I created two wallets, called ICP and ICP Staked and made a manual internal transfer between the two. I can now track staked and unstaked coin and the rewards.

When will Accointing.com natively support ICP?

1 Like

It would take a lot of manpower and tech knowledge to do it. But if you want to create a feature request and get those votes, we can prioritize it, and see if it is possible :slight_smile: .

Am I good to close the post?