How to deal with wrong fiat value

Hi,

how can we correct wrong fiat values that got imported from coinmarketcap? Sometimes the cmc api delivers wrong values. Especially with income like staking this is problematic, because it leads to wrong taxes.
This is how koinly solves the issue:

Hey @benny739 you can change your name currency in the Settings.

Accointing will fetch the value of your coins from CoinMarketCap. So there is no need for selecting a currency.
Consider this: How do I add manual value of acquired crypto?

Hey @Matt thx for your reply. I have coins where the fiat value that coinmarketcap lists is just wrong. So I need to manually override the value that the cmc api delivers. Also for some coins in cmc there is no fiat value listed , e.g. Mirrored Bitcoin (mBTC) from Mirror protocoll.
With the wrong value via cmc I will end up with wrong values in my taxes.

I understand your concern @benny739, but as of now, the CMC is where we fetch our prices. If we were to fetch the prices from elsewhere it would take a huge about of time, energy, and resources to get it started and keep it up to date. I would consider voting for the following link, once it is interplanted, you would be able to add the value of your coin manually if it differed from CMC.

Here is another option for you that you may find more suitable:
Classify your DOT reward as a OTC
So deposit, and withdraw and then classify as OTC

|

Here is the breakdown of classifications: Crypto Tax Classifications : Accointing AG
Here is how you are taxed per classification: You searched for classifications - Accointing Blog - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & tax Software