How to classify hash and electricity fee for cloud mining?

Hello,

for cloud mining I paid the hash fee and electricity fee by BTC from my BTC Wallet in my exchange. These payments were imported from my exchange.
From the tax view it should be considered as prepaid cost for future income (Mining income now and in future years). Since its cloud mining this will not be seen as a business in my country (Germany).

So how should I classify this payment for that it will be considered in the right way in the tax declaration?

Thank you!

Here is the breakdown of classifications: Crypto Tax Classifications : Accointing AG
Here is how you are taxed per classification: You searched for classifications - The Hub on ACCOINTING.com

1 Like

Since it is considered a fee for using their service, it should just be classified as “Fee”. That is the designation assigned to all fees related to using a particular service or platform.

2 Likes

Yes, Alan, the name fee is the same. But the definition of Accointing says the classification “fee” means just a fee for a specific transaction. So that does not really fit to the costs for mining.
Reading the classifications definition sent by Matt I thought now it’s the most fitting solution to classify the hash and electricity fee of Bitdeer as “Payment”. I hope my tax consultant and the tax authorities here are of the same opinion next year.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.