Help! Duplicate Transactions

I am having the same issue in the classify transfers section!

3 Likes

Might have to look for another solution… is everyone on holiday??? Bueller… Anyone??

3 Likes

Crazy! Since yesterday, duplicate transactions coming back after refreshing Coinbase Pro Coinbase or Celsius. The entire data set became inaccurate and these duplicates show up in the final Tax calculation !!! … making the Accointing software a useless nightmare. It has to be addressed ASAP.

2 Likes

We hear you guys, which exchange’s APIs are causing this issue? Help! Duplicate Transactions

1 Like

We are aware of 1. Binance having duplicates. Which others?

1 Like

Don’t sync until the problem is fixed. You can identify all duplicates in Full Data Set by choosing “Show needs review” —> then “delete”. It takes a lot of work but is doable, however, after new sync, all duplicate transactions will appear again and again depending on how many times you sync. The worse part is that duplicates show up in Tax calculations, making all Tax forms completely useless.

I was thinking to limit transactions to min to void syncs and adding data manually if necessary until the problem is fixed. Once the problem is addressed, will eliminate all duplicates in Full Data Set (see above) and re-start sinc. Also, all duplicates count, and eventually, we pay more on the end depending on the tier.

We have to press hard for a fix since Tax season is close. If anyone has better ideas please share.

2 Likes
  1. Coinbase & Coinbase PRo
  2. Gemini
  3. Celsius
4 Likes

Also consider voting for this: Auto Detect Duplicate Transactions in the Review

1 Like

Hello Matt, duplicates coming after each sinc on #1 Coinbase Pro, #2 Coinbase, #3 Celcius… not sure about the rest; prefer not to sync now to avoid duplicates on other exchanges.

2 Likes

Coinbase, CoinbasePro for sure. I am not seeing it on Gemini, but I only have a few transactions there. I think problem is with larger datasets and activity where the reconciliation logic is not matching or replacing the dataset. Not sure how you are processing the matches.

2 Likes

@Matt - I can confirm coinbase pro, coinbase, and celsius with duplicates

Should probably take this up in another thread but accointing no longer recognizes funds staked on Kraken. Never had an issue before.

2 Likes

Been trying to fix this… wholly crap… I am seeing balances incorrect now, even in wallets I loaded via CSV. This is a total disaster. I think I am going to have to shop for a new solution and cut ties… I mean gezz… what is the point? I am looking at HOURS and HOURS and HOURS of manual work.

4 Likes

Voting is nice Matt… but honestly… you MUST implement features that insure the integrity of the data. That is the number one feature in an application like Accointing. I am going to ping my man at the Coin Bureau in the UK and see if his team is experiencing this or can report on it.

4 Likes

There is a similar problem on Kucoin. I stopped using the feature in Kucoin because of it. I liked the yield, but it wasn’t worth the aggravation in this VERY volatile market.

2 Likes

@Matt in this kind of situation it would come in handy, to have a real backup/restore solution.
see full backup solution with recovery

This is a feature which, in my point of view, is urgently needed. It should not be up for voting, but should simply be implemented as a core functionality. Most people don’t see the need for such a feature, until it’s too late. Therefore nobody will not vote for it.

E.g. if you can not fix this: what do we do now? (no backup, no way to import correct data again). Even if you can fix it: How can we assure, that the fix was implemented correctly and is not messing up data somewhere else? Without a backup/restore function we do not have souvereignity over our data.

If we would have a backup, we simply would restore it. Activate API Import again, Done.

Regards,

Potzi

6 Likes

@Matt I am freaking out. The data was good like a week ago. But noticed today the API refresh created many duplicate transactions. Looks like duplicates for prior year transactions too. Now I see many transactions showing 4 or 5 duplicates. Many of my wallets are now out of balance which were fine a week ago. Can the system remove the duplicates it created during the refresh? This is causing a huge problem. Or, any way the system can make restoration to the point before the system error? I have been working so hard through out the year to have a good record for the tax season but now it’s all mess up. Urgently need your help. I also agree with potzi that a backup/restore function is need to safe guard our data.

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve kept meticulous track of everything day by day. Even though it’s API imported, there are a lot of things I have fixed and added. There’s no way I have the time, or the memory to go through and fix this. Even if I did, another sync and all the duplicates come back again. I’m really at a loss here. I get that the voting system is created to appropriate the devs resources, but this should be priority #1 and we shouldn’t have to vote on something to make the software functional again. I don’t know how widespread this is, but it’s obviously affecting a lot of us. It’s across multiple exchanges, so it seems like it must be something on Accointing’s end. I just noticed I’m seeing it for Kucoin too, so that’s Coinbase, Coinbase Pro, Celsius, Gemini, and Kucoin. Could really use some assurances that this is being addressed asap.

4 Likes

Same issue with coinbase / coinbase pro.
It is really a mess. I manually reviewed every transaction (over 5000) as a pro user and now really everything is messed up. The tax report is completely broken.
This really has to be fixed as priority #1 it makes accointing practically useless.

4 Likes

This is should be something that the users should not vote on (this is a bug not a feature request). IT should be part of the core itself. A quick way to identity/prevent duplicate in my opinion is by hashing the transaction and use it as the ID.

6 Likes

Absolutely, the data is unstable and unsafe on Accointing at this point. The program is useless w/o resolving these issues and creating a backup solution. Tax reports are garbage now. Syncing new transactions produce only more duplicates. I don’t understand what the IT staff is thinking asking us to vote? The problem should be escalated to the highest emergency level and resolved ASAP.

We demand that Accointing is functional and safe to use without surprises like this one!

2 Likes