after spending 2 weeks fixing Binance and their really bad data I am now just left with fixing FTX in order to properly keep using Accointing for the future.
I was analysing and trying to figure out how data is being handled, but so far I was not able to get anything consistent.
Note: I am using Cointracking as well as Accointing both together, as Cointracking in some cases is providing more / other data from the FTX (and Binance before that) API. I find this fact very interesting.
Important: I am talking about FUTURES trading only here!
So heres what I found so far:
---- General usage of collateral and assets —
- Deposited BTC is always used as a collateral for trading
- Trading itself is always being done in USD, regardless of pair
- For this it seems that internally they “convert” BTC to USD, while position size for example reflects this fact.
- In the asset list I can always see my deposited BTC while at the same time trades executed count against the balance of USD. (The BTC collateral is NOT touched)
- In case of losses on trades the USD balance is reduced and can go into a negative number.
- BTC is only converted to cover the negative USD value in case of, for example, liquidation. In this case the collateral is used to cover the negative USD.
Docs to confirm this: https://help.ftx.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044411911-FTX-Features-Overview#h_45d8e38a-fb60-46dc-bd3a-aa98820afa32
— Discrepancies between Cointracking API import and Accointing —
Since I used both so far, I was able to compare the results from both of these and was able to find out that they dont really match in terms of imported transactions. I can see that CT is able to import at least double the amount of transactions (mostly Funding Payments alongside the PnL’s).
On Accounting’s side I mostly see margin gains (seems to match the PnL entries from CT, with minor discrepancies, probably due to fees).
The remaining entries (flagged: margin fees) imported from FTX for me personally seem to not relate / match at all. While this does not mean they are incorrect, I am not able to currently figure out what their composition is.
→ Maybe you could give me some insight in the imported trx marked as “Margin fee”? Also the timestamps from these imported trx seems to be a bit random. I would expect some scheme in them. For exmaple hourly, once a day for PnL or alike. Or on every trade performed.
Would really be great to get an accurate import here at some point
Hope this helps a bit. If I can help you out somehow, feel free to contact me