Double Taxation of Staking/Mining Rewards + Cardano xpub key import not supported

Hi Accounting-Team,

I have two issues ATM:

First, as a Stake Pool Owner/Miner in Cardano, I am unable to import all necessary data per wallet as accointing.com does not support public key import of Cardano wallets since Cardano`s transition to Proof-of-Stake and the eUTXO accounting model in last August (2020). Please fully support the fifth largest cryptocurrency.

Second, your system does not automatically detect/ I am unable to classify correctly when I am selling staking/mining rewards, which leads to double-taxation. If I receive rewards, this is already a taxable event. However, when I am selling those rewards, it shows me wrong acquisition date and does not awknowledge that those coins have already been taxed. It would be good to have a classification type (maybe called “Rewards Sell”) which is not taxed again. Could you implement something like that or do you see a way to do that manually?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Bastian

Hey @Buzz-Tea let me ask the team about your situations and get back to you :slight_smile:

Can you get me the following please to help you with your issue :slight_smile:

1. Screenshots of where you are seeing the double taxation
  2. What exchange are you using for staking
  3. What should be the correct date

Hey Matt, thank you for responding:

1. I can’t screenshot that as the double taxation is happening because accointing can’t import my wallet data correctly.

2. I am not using any exchange but my normal Cardano wallet as most Cardano stakers.

3. Correct data would be imported, if your plattform is able to import data with the public key that the user can export from Cardano wallets such as Daedalus or Yoroi. Right now, I have to manually add every UTXO and can’t even add the rewards UTXO of my wallet to which staking rewards are send.

Would be great if you can fix the issue soon, as we are already past tax reporting deadline in Germany.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Bastian

Thank you, we are working on many issues with getting ADA on Accointing as we speak :slight_smile:

I just found that I have a BECH32 Cardano address which acts like an xpub address. It worked on another platform but when I tried it on Accointing it didn’t show any transactions. It displays correctly on Cardanoscan.io

Can you send us that address so that we can test it? Please leave a link to this page for context :slight_smile: