Deribit options trades not imported

Hello,

I have noticed that deribit options trades don’t get imported.
Are there plans to support this?

Yes please add Deribit options data (purchases, sales…) - each option sale generates a taxable event and the time-specific BTC / ETH price so a lot of relevant data needs to be accounted for… thank you Accointing team!

Hey @coder89 and @Ugoridori can you help me know what exactly is the issue?
Is the issue only for Option trades? If so, Deribit may not send this data through their API, if that is the case, Accointing can only see the data sent via API, and therefore Options trading would, unfortunately, have to be added manually.

Hi Matt,

thank you for reaching out! So in the API scope on Deribit I marked “read” at all the options, so account, block trade, custody, trade and wallet. As “trade” is marked the trades (=transactions of bought and sold options with BTC) should be sent through the API, right? Anyhow, that’s the most important data that needs to be accounted for in an API, who would care just about the balance ;-)? But it seems this data doesn’t arrive at Accointing - I have a lot of trades in the transaction log on Deribit but none of those get transmitted to Accointing. I have some data in Accointing (2x “margin gain” and several times “margin fee” but not the trades… the balance was updated only manually via reconciliation on June 9 when I updated the wallet… I updated the wallet today once more and now on the wallets overview page I get the right current balance but the transaction data is missing and I get a notification (see screenshot attached).

Should I maybe remove the wallet on Accointing & the API on Deribit and create a new wallet & API and see if it works then to import all the relevant data? Or do you think there’s an issue with the Deribit API and you could reach out to them (this should affect any customer of yours who has a Deribit account?)?
To do this manually would really be a pain in the a… - it’s 72 entries (and rising) and it should be possible via the “trade” API function by Deribit, right?

Thank you again for reaching out and potentially diving in!
Christopher

Hey @Ugoridori and @coder89 would either of you be willing to send your API READ ONLY keys to us so that we can test it ourselves? It is possible that Deribit changed how their API works and we just need to update our system.

I’m going to need you to help me out with the following:

1. Account details
  2. Screenshot of the error you received
  3. Wallet/Exchange you were using when you encountered this issue
  4. Exchange or Wallet API keys, Wallet Address or CSV used to try to replicate the error (if required, send passphrase and secret key as well)
  5. A link to this page (This Community Board Post)

Please send all of this to support@accointing.com and we will try to help you out as quickly as possible.

Hi Matt,

thinking about it I’d prefer not to share my API key with s.o. else (sharing my account / trading data now and in the future) - I mean it’s sensitive data, right? I hope the other user might be willing to share his or you guys can get a test API from Deribit to check how / if things are transmitted and where the issue lies… you must have a business relationship with Deribit or have access to their support team, right?

Let me know if that sounds reasonable,
and thank you for your effort!
Chris

Hey @Ugoridori, I understand you wanting to keep it private and that will be respected. You do not have to share this data, we just need it to figure out the issue. I will see if a staff member has Deribit and see if they are having similar issues.
You can always create a new API READ ONLY key and delete it once the issue is solved, that would solve the future trade, not it would still show you history so I understand if you still do not want to.
Accointing uses Deribit’s API, we do not have any close business relationship with them. You can see here: Deribit API

I just checked, we do not support Futures for Derbits, they do not send that info through their API.

Hi Matt,

hope you’re doing fine - getting back to the Deribit data issue - did anyone from the team have Deribit (and provided his/her API) or did the other user who posted on the community board give you his/her’s? Would be great to be able to have that sorted out… don’t know if Taxbit or other providers have sorted that out - but will look into it - looking forward I don’t want to put in transactions manually if I can avoid it in any way ;-)…

Thank you and Best!
Christopher

Currently, we do not support Futures for Derbits, they do not send that info through their API. If Derbits starts to send that info through their API we will defiantly support this!

Hey hey Matt, well futures is different from options, right? Is it true that Deribit doesn’t send options purchase & sales data (buy a BTC option with BTC, sell the BTC option and get BTC) through the API? Why wouldn’t they - what else would they send through their API then? I mean they are a futures & options trading platform… it’s pretty weird somehow…

Check it out! It is more clear now when you add a wallet or exchange which is supported and what is not. This is mainly due to the exchange not sharing info through their exchange:

@coder89 are you still having issues?

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.