Coinbase Pro bug

Whenever I refresh my Coinbase Pro account, it creates a whole bunch of duplicate transactions for all of my internal transactions.

Basically, if I had an existing internal transaction in which I send 1 Bitcoin from Coinbase Pro to Coinbase, it created a brand new transaction for a withdraw of 1 Bitcoin from my Coinbase Pro account.

As you can imagine, this is a very frustrating experience. I went through and removed all of the duplicates, but I would like to see this issue fixed so it does not happen again.

Thank you!

Would you be willing to send us your read-only API keys so that we can take a deeper look into this? If so, please fill out this support ticket form :slight_smile:

In the form please also leave a link to this post so that we have background context :slight_smile:
The reason we ask for your data is that we do not see your data, whatever you put in your Accointing account, is encrypted.

Is there any progress on that issue?
The topic with the same problem is already closed (Help! Duplicate Transactions - #27 by sfn62202) and there is still no fix.
Accounting still creates duplicates. At the current state it is not usable any more! :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh man… this folly continues. Duplicates remain on Coinbase Pro for sure. I cannot refresh the wallet using the API. This worked for 11 months of 2021, then bam, you guys broke it. You have lost my faith. As a programmer myself, the smart thing to do here is to rollback the changes that broke this. I guess I am going to have to start a Tweet storm on you guys or just insist on a refund. It’s hard to describe how much good will you have lost here. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

1 Like

Totally agree. I think we should insist on a refund. I just do not know that else to do at this point.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY the case. The INTERNAL transactions that occur between CoinbasePro and Coinbase are jacked. I believe all the external transfers out of CoinbasePro go though Coinbase then to the destination. So, sending to Kucoin for example could result in two internal transactions. If you have multiple portfolios on CoinbasePro, is could get messier. I am review this all again.

This should be pretty easy to reproduce.

Regarding “I believe all the external transfers out of CoinbasePro go though Coinbase”: this is not valid for all coin, but some coin withdrawals (e.g. Solana) from CoinbasePro are actually operated via Coinbase. The transactions are not visible within Coinbase/CoinbasePro directly, but the API import shows the fact. The transactions are correct, but could effect in wrong tax calculations.

Since my latest transactions have not produced any more duplicates, I spent 3 hours deleting duplicates manually. Duplicates only existed for Coinbase and CoinbasePro, and between CoinbasePro sub accounts. (By the way: CoinbasePro/KuCoin transactions were correct.) Latest wallet updates did not mess up the dataset like before. Looks good for the moment.

1 Like

Thanks. I will keep grinding and reviewing and hoping duplicates stop. It’s a butt-load of unnecessary work.

To take a closer look at this, please DM me with your Coinbase Pro read-only API?
We still need a Coinbase Pro API from an account that is having issues. My personal one is not so I cannot reproduce this issue.
Once I can recreate it, I can put in the bug request.
The reason we ask for your data is that we do not see your data, whatever you put in your Accointing account is encrypted.

It is my understanding that we fix all the other exchanges, just Coinbase Pro is having issues with duplicates.

I still need a Coinbase Pro read-only API from anyone who is experiencing the issue.

After manual deletion of all duplicates, as described above, this issue is resolved in my case.
Duplicates were only generated in a certain timeframe, and depending on the number of imports I triggered. Since the duplicates were generated in the accounting dataset, I guess it is not reproducible any more. Maybe someone else could confirm?