Coinbase Doubling Transactions KNC or KNCL

For weeks I have had the review section of my Accointing account solved.
Today I refreshed my wallets/Exchanges, then went to the review section. I had many errors.

December of last year is the last time I have performed any transactions with KNC. Now I have many errors with KNC and USD. It looks like KNC had a version upgrade, not sure, but this has caused all my KNC transactions that have occurred to double (1 for the original KNC and 1 identical transaction for the v2 KNC)

Looking at my full data set page there are 2 slightly different icons for the duplicate KNC transactions. This has made my balances for KNC and USD completely wrong.

Here is the way I temporarily fixed my issue.

1. On the full data set page I did the search for KNC
  2. I marked all the transactions with round icons for KNC as ignore and left all the KNC icons that are square alone.

This made my review section completely solved.

I see your issue. I am having the same problem.
I will create a bug report, however I am unsure if we can fix this as it is how Coinbase handles their API live connections (See the bottom of this article: Using the Coinbase Pro API with ACCOINTING.com - ACCOINTING.com The Hub - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & Tax Software)

1 Like

I agree. Not sure how they can make a work a round fix due to Coinbase’s changing method.
My work a round worked for a couple days and now I am trying to figure out a new way to fix it, as the issue is back with KNC and USD in the missing funds section.

1 Like

Do you need help with the KNC and USD? If so send some photos.
My guess is one of those did not get ignored in the full data set.

I may need help. I will play with it some more and get back to you. I am not sure how to add a file to my posts here.

Also, I am now having a similar issue with Gemini doing double transactions on a couple coins. 1 transaction buy has the regular icon for the coin and the double has the blank looking icon. Weird LOL.

You can send files to our email :slight_smile:

I’m going to need you to help me out with the following:

1. Screenshot of the error you received
  2. Wallet/Exchange you were using when you encountered this issue
  3. Exchange or Wallet API keys, Wallet Address or CSV used to try to replicate the error
  4. A link to this page (This Community Board Post)

Please send all of this to support@accointing.com and we will try to help you out as quickly as possible.

We are hiring! Do you wish you didn’t have this issue? Help us finding someone to help us fix it and other bugs by joining our referral program here: ACCOINTING.com Referral Program: Earn $5.000! - We Are Hiring - Accointing.com and earn $5,000 if we keep your referral.

I just noticed the same issue with Binance.US and KNC transactions being doubled up starting back in January. It looks like Accointing isn’t taking into account that when the switch was made the old version became KNCL. It still shows both versions as KNC and KNCL isn’t an option.

We have fixed this issue for all future transactions, you may need to go back into the past data set and ignore duplicate transactions.

I have switched KNC to KNCL in our system, thank you for letting me know! (The update of the name should be implemented tomorrow)

1 Like

Setting all of my KNCL transactions to ignore has reconciled my Binance.US account and improved my Coinbase Pro account. Now to look through a few other coins that are off to figure out why.

Am I good to close this post?

I think so. Coinbase looks to be working correctly now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Therefore the Legacy one is the right one.