Coinbase "Advanced" Trades Not Imported Correctly

Recently I began using Coinbase “Advanced Trades”. These are trades done on the Coinbase platform, but which use a more robust interface including charts, an order book view, a depth chart view, and other information. It is similar to the “Coinbase Pro” platform, only you do not need to transfer your funds between platforms to trade.

When importing these “Advanced” trades, Accointing fails to record them as an Order, and instead records them as two separate transactions.

I hope this screenshot makes it clear what the issue is, and I hope it can be fixed without too much issue.

I assume you are talking about this invite-only beta of the advanced view?

Since this is brand new, our system is not setup for it yet.

I will be in contact if I need more information from you, thank you so much for the heads up!

Do you know how to create a read-only API on Coinbase? If so and if you are willing, would you please fill out this support ticket form :slight_smile:

In the form please also leave a link to this post so that we have background context :slight_smile:
The reason we ask for your data is that we do not see your data, whatever you put in your Accointing account, is encrypted.

Thank you for your replies Matt. I’ll contact you via the support ticket form shortly.

1 Like

For clarification, we would need your Coinbase API (Read-only).

I just submitted a support ticket with the information I believe you’re looking for.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

In case anyone else runs into this further down the line, Accointing decided they would not be implementing support for Coinbase “Advanced Trades” because “…this is a new feature which is not even available for every Coinbase user at this time [so] we won’t be adding support for it…”

I’m disappointed, but not surprised. It would be nice if exchanges could offer some kind of common framework for APIs to integrate more easily. Maybe in time, I suppose.

1 Like

If we were caught up with implementing all the other exchanges, we would be more than happy to work on preparing for the Advanced Trades from Coinbase, however, at this time we want to focus on the other bugs and implementations. When this is pushed live for all users, we will add it :slight_smile:

Yes, we wish there was a standard that exchanges followed so that all APIs would be similar.