Can no longer add Polkadot.js wallet

Hi,

My Polkadot wallet failed a few days ago with a “something went wrong” error.
Just tried removing it and re-adding it but just getting “something went wrong”.
Was working a while ago.

This is a known issue, we are working on it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Matt. Can you give us a status update on this issue? Thank you!

1 Like

We believe that we have fixed DOT addresses in general but found some bugs while testing so have put off the release of it.
Do you know if Polkdot.js has a different DOT address formate than a typical DOT address? Sorry DOT is new to me, personally.

1 Like

Nope, the address formats are the same across wallets. :white_small_square:

Same Problem here. Existing address does not sync and when trying to add a second address, i get ‘invalid Wallet address’

1 Like

The address will change if you selected another chain. If you selected allow on all chain, the substrate address is shown.

1 Like

Yeah it does not work for me, either:

Polkadot addresses start with “1”. If you change the connected chain in polkadot.js the address changes. The reason is that they all share the same underlying public key. It is is just that they use a different prefix when encoding the pubkey (with other information) to the address to signal to the user what network this address is intended for.

You can see here that different addresses (using different prefixes) decode to the same public key:

This means that if you have the secret key for one public key you control all of those addresses.

2 Likes

Thank you guys, we will keep working on fixing this, thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

We should have a fix for this releasing tomorrow :smiley:

1 Like

Wow great. Did you you also plan to support Kusama? I don’t know where you are pulling the data from but I can imagine that supporting Kusama could be done with basically the same code.

1 Like

Still doesn’t work, Can’t setup the import/sync from a DOT address.

2 Likes

I was just told that it was delayed until next Monday for more testing…
I am unsure about KSM.

1 Like

Just tested and it seems fixed now. It even imports on chain staking rewards that it never did before.

Just tried. It does. Really nice. However, it reports missing funds. There is a tiny difference reported.

1 Like

The fix is live!!! We have not added KSM, I believe we need to vote for that integration.
Vote here!

1 Like

Her @Alex1 would you be willing to go through your transactions and tell me what seems to be missing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.