Bug in Portfolio-Performance Estimated realized gains with lost coins

Web App: Portfolio - Performance section:

Coins marked as ‘lost’ show up under “Portfolio” - “Performance” - “Estimated realized gains” at the market value of stated lost date. This totally distorts the display of the realized gains. In my case by 900%!

I guess this is because lost coins are type-classified as ‘withdraw’ as internally count as ‘realized’?

Hey @Toddy does this help? Here is the breakdown of classifications: Crypto Tax Classifications : Accointing AG
Here is how you are taxed per classification: You searched for classifications - Accointing Blog - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & tax Software

Hey Matt, thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately the links do not help. Its simply that I marked coins as lost and do not expect them to boost up my realized gains by 900% :confused:

The market price of lost coins is added to “Estimate realized gains” just like sold coins with positive gains in the said section.

1 Like

Check the solution in this post: Portfolio Value graph incorrect
Also, can you send me a screenshot of your missing currencies under the Review tab?
Here is an article if prefer to read over watching that video. Calculated and Actual Balance on the Accointing.com Platform

Also keep in mind that Accointing takes the prices from CoinMarketCap, not from the exchanges themselves. Getting the prices from the exchanges themselves would take a ton of time and energy and may be possible in the future, but not at this time.

Thank you for the links but unfortunately they dont help as they do not cover the problem.

I dont have any missing currencies under the review tab. I dont miss any currencies, I intentionally classified 13.7778 BTC as lost because they got lost in the MtGox case.

The moment I mark the 13.7778 BTC as lost, 450000€ are added to “Estimated realized gains” on Accointing - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & Tax Software. That seems like an obvious bug to me.

So the bug is that when you classify a transaction as Lost, it messes with the realized gains in the Performance tab. Can you help me recreate this bug?

Here is my test to recreate the issue:

1. Before 14 (of 15) btc are marked as lost
  2. After 14 (of15) BTC are marked as lost

Hey Matt,
sorry, I am restricted to 1 attachment only so I send you the whole message as a screenshot:

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I have created a bug for it and will keep you posted once this is fixed. I appreciate your time and patience.

Do you know who could fix it? You can earn $5,000 by referring someone here: ACCOINTING.com Referral Program: Earn $5.000! - We Are Hiring - Accointing.com