BlockFi Import Error

I downloaded the CSV file from BlockFi and uploaded it but I keep on getting this error: “File import failed. Upload a valid file.” I did not modify the data. Anyone else having an issue with importing BlockFi data? How can I fix this? How can I contact Accointing support directly?

I noticed this as well. Looks like BlockFi changed their report export when they introduced wallets. Now transaction types are classified as ‘Crypto Transfer’ whereas Accointing is probably still setup to look for them as ‘Deposit’. So, if you want a workaround until it’s fixed you can open the csv from BlockFi with a text editor like Notepad++ or Sublime Text and search/replace ‘Crypto Transfer’ to ‘Deposit’. Save the file and import it

I checked the file and it shows the following classifications: Ach Deposit, Trade, Interest Payment, Withdrawal, Interest Payment, Bonus Payment, Referral Bonus, and Cc Rewards Redemption. I don’t see any Crypto Transfer in the file.

Saw that too. That’s a major headache as BlockFi now requires you to manually transfer assets to their Interest Account.
Fixing a CSV every time is not viable in the longer run. Please go and upvote the request for an API-based solution here:

1 Like

Would you be willing to send us your BlockFi files so that we can take a deeper look into this? If so, Submit a request here :slight_smile:

In the form please also leave a link to this post so that we have background context :slight_smile:
The reason we ask for your data is that we do not see your data, whatever you put in your Accointing account, is encrypted.

I sent the BlockFi file for further review. Thank you!

1 Like

So the most common issue seems to be that users are downloading the wrong files to upload.

Where can I find my .CSV files?

1. Log in to your BlockFi account and navigate to the Reports page.

2. Download both your Trading and Transaction History (At the very bottom)

3. Upload both files to Accointing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.