Add ADA Daedalus Wallet

Thank you, I will ask what is possible with the team :slight_smile:

the issue is only partly solved. It works for single ADA adresses, this is an improvement, but it’s a lot of effort to keep track of all the different adresses and create a wallet for each and every adress. So it’s not a practical solution.

As Wobble said: The import still does not work for Daedalus XPUB keys (Master Public Key). Having it work with masterkeys would have the advantage, that you can monitor the whole wallet withoud the need to track all the single adresses.

1 Like

Hey guys, we haven’t implemented xpub address derivation yet, once we do, I believe that would fetch at your addresses. I do not have an ADA Daedlus Wallet. Can anyone confirm that this would work?

Working on this now :slight_smile:

I’m glad I found this thread. I’ve been searching for a portfolio tracker that could reliably track staking rewards for tax purposes. I sent a small amount of ADA to my Daedalus wallet to test out the sending/receiving. After I staked it, I linked my ADA wallet but it shows empty (all done within past 3-4 days). I’ll be tracking this feature request because if Accointing can figure this out it will make taxes much easier and worth the $ for the service. Otherwise, I’m going to have some headaches making spreadsheets

1 Like

xpub is not just a Daedalus-specific thing. I believe you can also retrieve your xpub key from Yoroi, for example.

But as far as I understand, yes - the staking address + other addresses can be derived from the xpub key. From what I can see, someone’s doing that here with the cardano-addresses utility:

Thank you @Wobble knowing that will help out our guys over here at the Yoroi post :smiley:

Hi @Matt ,

I’m also interested in a solution for Cardano wallets. Otherwise, you can’t really handle it over time (for me, it will determine, if I will use Accointing in the future).

One solution could be the ‘public wallet key’ in Daedalus. It’s listed under ‘settings’ and ‘public wallet key’ (it’s hidden, but you can make it visible by entering your password). This key combines any address that is used in relation to a single wallet. This information can only be derived from this public wallet key and is hidden for a third party.

I hope, there will be a solution soon!

Cheers, Mitch

We are working on the xpub address now guy then we need to test them. But this should solve your Daedalus and Yoroi tracking :smiley:

2 Likes

Perfect! Let us know, when there is something to test. We can’t wait for it.
all the best

3 Likes

Hey guys, so Daedalus address types are working!!! However, some addresses, like the ones that start with ‘acct_’ are not supported.
Let me know if you find any other wallet formats that are not working!
Here is a list of the 3 address type we are able to support.
ADA addresses that start in:
Ae2
DdzFF
addr1

Thanks for the information. However, the ‘acct_’ addresses (these are equivalent to XPUB) are crucial, otherwise all addr1 addresses must still be inserted as separate wallets. This leads to chaos in the Accointing account. So either ‘acct_’ or an automated import of all addresses based on a single address. https://pooltool.io/, for example, has developed a good solution for exporting all staking rewards from a single address.

Sorry, but without such a solution, Accointing becomes unattractive for Cardano users in the long run.

3 Likes

The minimum solution would still be to be able to assign the addr1 addresses to at least a single wallet. Then you could create a new wallet in Accointing and create the corresponding addresses there. This does not solve the problem with the incoming staking rewards (these are still not imported and it is an insane job to add them manually), but at least the wallets can be mapped to some extent.

3 Likes

@mitchmd we are not saying that we have given up, this is just where we are right now.

2 Likes

I’ll forward your Pooltool information to the team :slight_smile:

4 Likes

100% agree, I use PoolTool as well to track my staking. If Accointing can figure out how to import all the info similar to PoolTool, I wouldn’t have to manually input transactions. This would give them a leg up on most of the other Portfolio trackers I’m simultaneously testing out. No one has really got this feature down yet

5 Likes

Did this die? I find it hard to swallow that a top 10 currency cannot get PROPPER support in this app. Cardano isn’t brand new guys come on…

1 Like

So Daedalus address types are working!!! However, some addresses, like the ones that start with ‘acct_’ are not supported.
Let me know if you find any other wallet formats that are not working!
Here is a list of the 3 address type we are able to support.
ADA addresses that start in:
Ae2
DdzFF
addr1

Newly registered here, just for Cardano support.

Where can I get the non acct_ address for my wallets?

1 Like

Matt I’m a little surprised by the number of ! in your reply. @CalifLove was asking for “proper” support. Have you ever used your solution for Cardano? I did and it’s everything else but proper! I had to add 8 Cardano wallets one for each address in Daedalus and it still wasn’t working properly.