Add 2FA for the Accointing site

Hello,

Please considering adding 2FA for the Accointing site. Almost all Crypto sites have this option so it should be strongly considered for Accointing.

This would increase security.

Thanks.

Hi @chemicallymark! This is something that is currently in the pipeline. Will update you the soonest.

10 Likes

Good to know, thanks

2 Likes

Nevermind, voted :wink: One of my most anticipated features.

3 Likes

if you do add this feature, please consider adding it with ubikey (importand that you can add more than one) and not just normal google 2fa!

3 Likes

I agree that having a couple of options would be great. But even having Google 2FA would be an excellent upgrade

6 Likes

2 FA authentification it’s a must have!!! :warning:
I will not consider to use fully your software without this feature. :cold_sweat:

Please come on!! :flushed:

10 Likes

Please support Yubikey and not just Google Auth.

4 Likes

+1 - this is super sensitive Information. Please protect your users. It’s not that hard.

3 Likes

Hi Rod,

There are a decent amount of MFA options, but as a security professional, I suggest using TOTP (RFC-6238) implementations. They are supported by Google Auth, Microsoft Auth, most password managers, etc., are far more secure than SMS (text message), and are more practical than email based authentication.

4 Likes

+1 for yubikey authentication

1 Like

Hey guys! Thanks for all your feedback and recommendations. We are working hard on integrating as many features as possible as fast as possible without burning out our team. Rest assured that your security is our key priority and that’s why we have a lot of measurements in place to protect you: ACCOINTING.com Security FAQs - Accointing Blog - Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracking & tax Software. Regarding the portfolio tracker security measures, we will try to figure out how to prioritize this in our developments. However, currently we are focusing on providing you an excellent tool across the board: supporting flawlessly the current connections to providing you the best possible output for tax reporting and everything in between. We appreciate your patience and we hope to bring some new things for you soon. BTW, let us know what you think of the lists feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simular post: Biometric authentiaction - #10 by Matt

Yes, this would be good to see.

As a workaround, users might consider signing in with Google or Apple, as both of these support two-factor authentication methods. Apple might be slightly more secure as Google tends to leave you logged in for a very long time unless you manually log out.

If you’ve already signed up using the email login method, then I’m not sure of how you can switch. :thinking:

1 Like

This is a good workaround, however many of us don’t want 3rd parties having visibility into what sites we use. They know enough about us already :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am just voicing my support for 2FA. This should have been a feature necessary for initial launch, as you are handling sensitive financial data.

2 Likes

Would you mind adding WebAuthn (https://webauthn.io/) to your services? As most browsers support it, you would be able to offer passwordless authentication and 2FA using all kinds of solutions (TouchID, FaceID, YubiKey, Hardware Wallets, Windows Hello, etc.).

1 Like

Hi team, any news about MFA or 2FA , any ETA . Thanks in advance. Also a dark mode should be the cherry on top. My subscription is waiting after those features. :wink:

12th in priority at the moment:

1 Like

Thks, and any ETA ?
I’m quite surprise that it rank at the 12th positioon. People exposing their info without security should be, in my mind, top priorities. Nevermind, some info about ETA would be appreciate. Nor maybe i need to find another tool for that purpose. Thks for your answers